We hope you enjoy using the Picture my World site! It is important to stay safe when you are online. Make sure an adult knows when you are using the internet.
Important: All the photographers on this site use nicknames, not their real names – to help them stay safe online.
All the content on the site is uploaded and checked by the CAFOD Picture my World team, as are all comments made on the site by users.
Anyone making a comment for the first time will be “pre-moderated” (i.e. the comment will be checked before going on the site) – once someone has had a comment approved, any further comments from them will be “post-moderated” (i.e. it goes live immediately but is checked by the CAFOD Picture my World team).
Important: The CAFOD Picture my World team reserves the right to edit or delete any comment as it sees fit according to our house rules (see below).
When posting comments on this blog, you must leave a valid email address. We need this for administration purposes, but we won’t be showing your address to anyone else (unless for legal reasons we have to).
Plus, if we decide to delete or not publish a comment, we must be able to contact the person leaving that comment to explain why we won’t publish it.
Those without an email account can ask permission from a parent/guardian or teacher to use theirs instead.
Important: Our system checks that email addresses are valid before allowing a comment to be posted.
Your email address is safe with us, that’s a promise!
Remember that your email address is something personal to you that you should be careful about sharing, When you are asked for an email address by a website you need to find out what the site will do with your address.
Here are the Picture my World house rules for leaving a comment:
- Don’t give out any personal information, such as where you live, your phone number or email address, your school or any places where you hang out.
- Don’t swear or use language that is rude.
- Don’t be spiteful or nasty. We do not tolerate bullying online and will delete any messages that could be hurtful to others.
- Stick to the subject, try not to talk about things that are not to do with the photographs or other comments.
- Don’t mention other websites. Remember this site is used by children and the websites you mention might not be suitable for everyone.
- Don’t pretend to be somebody else!
If your messages break any of these rules then we won’t be able to post them on the site.
Want more information about how to stay safe online?